Friday, October 18, 2013

Go - Friday Fortune!

Dear You,

Growing up I remember people always telling me, you can be anything you want to be. You can do anything you want to do. At the time, it was nice and inspiring. I thought I could just close my eyes, dream of being an astronaut and when I opened my eyes I would be there, floating above earth. But they left out the part about how it wouldn't be easy. They never explained what struggles we would have to overcome. No, it was just a simple, Go! Go....hmm...if only I would've opened my eyes and done just that maybe I could've been a part of NASA...or at least recently laid off from NASA. It's great being able to dream big growing up, but at some point you have to Go! You have to open your eyes and tell yourself I am ready to be whatever I want to be. I realize all this time I've been waiting for someone to put me where I want to be, but I can't just stay and wait. I have to Go. We have to make a move and effort. Will it be a smooth ride? Maybe. But you'll never know until you Go. And if it gets tough along the way you have me here, by your side. I will struggle with you. I will fight with you. We will Go! Ready? Close your eyes. Focus on that dream, endeavor, or goal. When you open your eyes, there's no more sitting and waiting. Breathe. Inhale. Exhale. Go!

I love you and there's nothing you can do about it.

Ryan Barton

No comments:

Post a Comment